Wondering why the brackets around Jessica in Dr. Menck's name? Claire was named after her two grandmothers: Jessie Widerborg and Clara Menck - a proud, and somewhat daunting lineage. She went by the name "Jessica" for the first twenty-five years of her life, and chose to honor her other Oma by using "Claire" for the second twenty-five.
Of course, that leaves open the question of what she will be called after 50. It also makes for interesting moments when her family calls her by one name, and friends call her by another.
Or maybe you want to chat about something else?
You can reach Claire directly using the form below.
- Academic Director, The International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Wisconsin (2012 - Present).
- Visiting Professor, DeVry Undergraduate & Keller Graduate School (2007- Present).
- Chef-Owner, Girlchef, Inc. (2000- Present).
- Subject Matter Expert, Keller Graduate School (2008- Present).
- Subject Matter Expert, New England Culinary Institute/ Embanet (2006-2007).
- Chef-Instructor, New England Culinary Institute (2006-2009).
- District Manager, Washington Inventory Service (2003-2004).
- Area Manager, Washington Inventory Service (2000-2003).
- Food & Beverage Manager, Riverbarge Excursion Lines (2000-2001).
- Food & Beverage Manager, Radisson Hotel Mayfair (1999-2000).
- Kitchen Manager & Management Trainer, Legal Sea Foods (1998-1999).
- Intern, The Charles Hotel (1996-1997).
- General Manager, Victor Allen’s Coffee & Tea (1993-1995).